Header Ads

I am Ihsan Saber, an English Language Teaching (ELT) professional with an M.A. degree from the University of Sussex, in the U.K. I am currently an English lecturer within the College of Basic Education, Salahaddin University-Erbil.

Collocations of Ceiling


The following sentences contain collocations of ceiling with their Kurdish translation. The collocations are underlined, leave an English sentence for each by using the collocations for achieving your fluency.

I. The ceiling was so low I could touch it without standing on a chair. 
بنمیچه‌كه‌ ئه‌وه‌نده‌ نزم بوو توانیم ده‌ستی لێبده‌م به‌بێ ئه‌وه‌ی بچمه‌ سه‌ر كورسییه‌ك.
2. The hotel rooms were pleasantly cool with large windows and high ceilings
ژووری میوانخانه‌كه‌ زۆر خۆش بوو و په‌نجه‌ره‌كانی گه‌وره‌ و بنمیچه‌كانی به‌رزبوو.
3. I didn't get up. I just lay on my bed and stared at the ceiling
هه‌ڵنه‌ستامه‌وه‌ له‌ناو جێگای خه‌وتن. بۆ خۆم پاڵكه‌وتبووم له‌سه‌ر جێگا و چاوم بڕیبووه‌ بنمیچه‌كه‌.
4. It was a bare room with only a single light bulb hanging from the ceiling
ژوورێكی چۆل بوو وته‌نها تاقه‌ گڵۆپێكیش به‌ بنمیچه‌كه‌وه‌ هه‌ڵواسرابوو.
5. Water was dripping from the ceiling
ئاو له‌ بنمیچه‌كه‌ ده‌تكا.
6. There was a large spider on the ceiling above my bed.
جاڵجاڵۆكه‌یه‌كی گه‌وره‌ هه‌بوو له‌سه‌ر بنمیچه‌كه‌ له‌سه‌رووی جێگای خه‌وتنی من.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.