Header Ads

I am Ihsan Saber, an English Language Teaching (ELT) professional with an M.A. degree from the University of Sussex, in the U.K. I am currently an English lecturer within the College of Basic Education, Salahaddin University-Erbil.

It Never Rains But it Pours


Frequent English phrases, meanings and an example with their Kurdish meaning. Leave a comment by using the phrase in a well-formed sentence!


it never rains but it pours, UK [US when it rains, it pours saying]: said when one bad thing happens,followed by a lot of other bad things that make a bad situation worse
ئاخیری خێر بێت، خوا ئاخیری خێر بكات، له‌ كاتێكدا ده‌وترێت كه‌ شتێكی خراپ ڕووده‌دات به‌دوای كۆمه‌ڵێك هه‌ندێ شتی خراپی تر كه‌ بارودۆخه‌كه‌ خراپتر ده‌كه‌ن.

I missed my train this morning, lost my wallet and spilt coffee all over myself. It never rains but it pours.
 به‌م به‌یانییه‌ به‌ شه‌مه‌نده‌فه‌ره‌كه‌ ڕانه‌گه‌یشتم، جزدانه‌كه‌م وون كرد وقاوه‌م به‌سه‌ر خۆمدا ڕژاند. خوا ئاخیری خێر بكات.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.