Header Ads

I am Ihsan Saber, an English Language Teaching (ELT) professional with an M.A. degree from the University of Sussex, in the U.K. I am currently an English lecturer within the College of Basic Education, Salahaddin University-Erbil.

The Writing is on the Wall


Frequent English phrases, meanings and an example with their Kurdish meaning. Leave a comment by using the phrase in a well-formed sentence!

the writing is on the wall [US also the handwriting is on the wall]: said to mean that there are clear signs that something will fail or no longer exist.
تازه‌ كار له‌كار ترازاوه‌، تازه‌ هه‌موو شتێك كۆتایی پێهاتووه‌ و چ ناكرێ.

After that last financial meeting I can tell that the writings on the wall that they were going bankrupt. So I chose to find a new job as soon as I could.
پاش ئه‌و دوا كۆبوونه‌وه‌ی دارایی ده‌توانم بڵیم تازه‌ كار له‌ كار ترازاوه‌ كه‌ ئه‌وان هه‌موویان گیرفان به‌تاڵ بوونه‌. بۆیه‌ بڕیارمدا تا چه‌ند زووه ئیشێكی تر بدۆزمه‌وه.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.