Header Ads

I am Ihsan Saber, an English Language Teaching (ELT) professional with an M.A. degree from the University of Sussex, in the U.K. I am currently an English lecturer within the College of Basic Education, Salahaddin University-Erbil.

Shut up


Frequent English phrases, meanings and an example with their Kurdish meaning. Leave a comment by using the phrase in a well-formed sentence!

Shut up(1): to stop talking or making a noise, or to make a person or animal stop making noise; It's a rude way of saying 'Be quiet.'

بێ ده‌نگ به‌ (به‌شێوه‌یه‌كی بێ ئه‌ده‌بانه‌)

I wish you’d shut up and listen.
خۆزگه‌ بێ ده‌نگ ده‌بووی و گوێت ده‌گرت.

Shut up(2)"I don't believe you" or "Don't be ridiculous!"
بڕوات پێناكه‌م، وانییه‌، ڕاست نییه‌

- I just read the whole book in an hour.
تازه‌ له‌ماوه‌ی یه‌ك كاتژمێر په‌رتوكێكم خوێنده‌وه‌.
- Shut up! No one can read that quickly.
وانییه‌، كه‌س ناتوانێ وا به‌خێرایی بخوێنێته‌وه‌.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.