Header Ads

I am Ihsan Saber, an English Language Teaching (ELT) professional with an M.A. degree from the University of Sussex, in the U.K. I am currently an English lecturer within the College of Basic Education, Salahaddin University-Erbil.

Various Ways for Answering "How are you [doing]"?


The following are 31different ways for answering "How are you [doing]"? with their meaning in Kurdish, hope you find them useful.

1. I’m Fine. How are you?
من باشم ئه‌ی تۆ؟

2. How are you?
تۆ چۆنی؟

3. Upright and still breathing.
ماوم و هه‌ناسه‌كه‌ دێ و ده‌چێ.

4. Better than yesterday.
له‌ دوێنێ باشترم.

5. How do you think I am?
پێت وایه‌ چۆن بم؟

6. I’ve been better.
باشترم

7. Not my best day, but not my worst day, either.
نه‌ زۆر باشم و نه‌ زۆر خراپ.

8. Staying grounded.
هێشتا ماوم.

9. I don’t know.
بڵێم چی؟

10. I could really go for a walk, want to join me?
ده‌مه‌وێ پیاسه‌یه‌ك بكه‌م، بۆ له‌گه‌ڵم نایه‌ی؟

11. Improving.
باشترم

12. I’ve seen better days.
ئێستا باشترم.

13. I’m feeling really grateful for this beautiful day.
زۆر سوپاسی خودا ده‌كه‌م بۆ ئه‌م ڕۆژه‌ خۆشه‌

14. Better now that you’re here.
باشترم كه‌ تۆ ده‌بینم.

15. I’m glad to see you! What’s new?
خۆشحاڵم ده‌تبینم، چی نوێ هه‌یه‌؟

16. Not bad.
خراپ نیم.

17. Pretty good, thanks.
زۆر باشم، سوپاس.

18. Very well, thank you.
زۆر باشم، سوپاس.

19. Great! How are you doing?
یه‌كجار باشم، ئه‌ی تۆ چۆنی؟

20. Couldn't be better.
له‌وه‌ باشتر نابم.

21. Not dead yet.
هێشتا ماوم.

22. Fabulous.
زۆر باشم.

23. Still among the living.
هێشتا ماوم.

24. Amazing and happy.
یه‌كجار باشم و دڵم خۆشه‌.

25. I'm not unwell, thank you.
خراپ نیم، سوپاست ده‌كه‌م.

26. Better than yesterday, not sure about tomorrow.
له‌ دوێنێ باشترم، نازانم بۆ به‌یانیش.

27. Can't complain.
خراپ نیم.


28. I've been busy.
سه‌رقاڵم.

29. Same as always.
وه‌كو جاران.

30. Not so great.
زۆر باش نیم.

31. Could be better.
باشتر ده‌بم ان شاء الله

No comments

Powered by Blogger.