Header Ads

I am Ihsan Saber, an English Language Teaching (ELT) professional with an M.A. degree from the University of Sussex, in the U.K. I am currently an English lecturer within the College of Basic Education, Salahaddin University-Erbil.

Collocations of Stairs


The following sentences contain collocations of stairs with their Kurdish translation. The collocations are underlined, leave an English sentence for each by using the collocations for achieving your fluency.

I. Shall we use the stairs or take the lift? 
به‌سه‌ر قاڵدرمه‌كه‌ بكه‌وین یان مه‌صعه‌ده‌كه‌ به‌كاربێنین؟
2. I wish the children would stop running up and down the stairs. 
خۆزگه‌ منداڵه‌كان ئه‌وه‌نده‌ به‌سه‌ر قاڵدرمه‌كه‌ نه‌ده‌كه‌وتن و بێنه‌ خواره‌وه‌.
3. Unfortunately, I fell down the stairs and broke my arm. 
به‌داخه‌وه‌، له‌سه‌ر قاڵدرمه‌كه‌ كه‌وتمه‌ خواره‌وه‌ و ده‌ستم شكا.
4. My grandmother finds it difficult to climb the stairs these days. She's 80. 
ئێستا داپیرم به‌ زه‌حمه‌ت ده‌توانێ به‌سه‌ر قاڵدرمه‌ بكه‌وێ. ته‌مه‌نی هه‌شتا ساڵه‌.
5. The lift was broken, so we had to walk up four flights of stairs.
مه‌صعه‌ده‌كه‌ ئیش ناكا، بۆیه‌ پێویسته‌ به‌سه‌ر چوار قاتی قاڵدرمه‌ بكه‌وین.
6. I was out of breath when I reached the top of the stairs.
كاتێك گه‌یشتمه‌ سه‌ره‌وه‌ی قاڵدرمه‌كه‌ ته‌نگه‌ نه‌فه‌س بووم.
7. She picked up the child and carried him up the stairs.
منداڵه‌كه‌ی له‌ باوه‌ش كرد و سه‌ركه‌وته‌ سه‌ر قاڵدرمه‌كه‌.
8. My bags were heavy, so I left them at the bottom of the stairs.
جانتاكانم قورس بوو، بۆیه‌ له‌ خواره‌وه‌ی قاڵدرمه‌كه‌ جێم هێشتن.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.