Header Ads

I am Ihsan Saber, an English Language Teaching (ELT) professional with an M.A. degree from the University of Sussex, in the U.K. I am currently an English lecturer within the College of Basic Education, Salahaddin University-Erbil.

Collocations of Carpet


The following sentences contain collocations of carpet with their Kurdish translation. The collocations are underlined, leave an English sentence for each by using the collocations for achieving your fluency.

I. They're coming this morning to lay the new carpet in the living room. 
ئه‌م به‌یانییه‌ دێن بۆئه‌وه‌ی مافوره‌ نوێیه‌كه‌ له‌ ژووری دانیشتن (دیوه‌خان) ڕابخه‌ن.
2. I ruined the carpet in the living room when I dropped a tin of paint on it. 
مافوری ژووری دانیشتنم وێران كرد كاتێك قوتویه‌ك بۆیاغم به‌سه‌ردا ڕژاند.
3. The bedroom carpet is starting to wear in places. We'll need to replace it soon. 
خه‌ریكه‌ مافوره‌كه‌ی ژووری نووستن كۆن ده‌بێت. پێویسته‌ به‌ زووترین كات بیگۆڕین.
4. Colin, if I clear up all the rubbish, would you hoover the carpets
كۆڵن، ئه‌گه‌ر هه‌موو زبڵه‌كه‌ لابه‌رم، ده‌توانی گێسكه‌كی كاره‌بایی لێبده‌ی؟
5. I swept the dirt under the carpet when my mother wasn't looking. 
پیسی ژێره‌وه‌ی مافوره‌كه‌م گسكدا له‌وكاته‌ی دایكم سه‌یری نه‌ده‌كرد.
6. How do you expect me to hoover the carpets with this ancient hoover? It must be 30 years old! 
پێت چۆنه‌ كه‌ مافوره‌كان به‌م گسكه‌ كاره‌باییه‌ كۆنه‌ گسك بده‌م؟ ته‌مه‌نی سی ساڵ ده‌بێت!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.